At the Black Walnut Stables, we provide a true western horseback experience for all riding levels. Saddle up and ride with us for the cowboy adventure of a lifetime. Come on in and Experience a Taste of the “West", while right here in your back yard. Our horses are American Quarter Horses, Thoroughbreds or mixed breeds."Your" horse will be chosen with your particular needs in mind, so you can relax and enjoy each ride.
A full day’s schedule at the ranch for the serious riders can be accommodated.
- Trail Rides–by the hour/hours - Guided (reservations preferred)
($35.00 for non-Inn Guests and $30.00 for Inn Guests/hour)
- Pony Rides/Parties/ Trail Ride Parties
- Adjacent to thousands of acres of wooded trails
- Overnight boarding available to Inn guests
- How to care for horses and other animals
- Safe horsemanship – (how to tack and un-tack saddles, bridles, etc.)
- Basic riding (walk, trot, canter)
Our purpose is to provide exceptional care and companionship to horses while allowing the horse to remain a horse. Understanding their individual needs is our focus and facilitating those needs are our goals. Our programs are designed to help horse owners understand the importance of those needs and help establish natural practices to ensure safety for both, so they can enjoy a complete and fulfilling life long relationship.
Multiple horse discounts available.
- All day turnout with weather shelter
- Outdoor lighted riding ring
- Private boarder tack room
- 24/7 manager on site
- Our goal is to make you and your horse feel comfortable and at home while you are here. We provide exceptional care and companionship to horses while allowing the horse to remain a horse, understanding and accommodating their individual needs. Overnighters, Retired Equines and Vacation boarding, welcome.
- Owners and caretakers live and work on premises.
Leasing a Horse
An alternative is to lease or half lease a horse from The Black Walnut Stables. Our horses are already trained; you can use our tack, etc. and enjoy a ride. We only require a 6 month lease facility and equipment commitment. On a full lease, the horse is fully boarded and cared for and available to you at your discretion. On a half lease, the horse is fully boarded and cared for and available to you on a flexible schedule .
That’s what we do, and we do it well. Stop by and visit/meet us and see for yourself. Just give us a call and tell us what you want. We will do what it takes to make it happen - 570-296-9336
Photos courtesy of Jane McCormick